Ultra Violet lamps, like Energy Efficient Light Bulbs and fluorescent tubes, all contain small amount of mercury and mercury vapour. Apart from being a hazardous substance, which if exposed to can have negative effects on your health, it is also detrimental to the environment.
If you have old lamps to dispose of, we recommend you first ring your local council to see if they have a local drop-off/disposal point which accept Mercury Ultra Violet Lamps.
Most regional Council Websites have some informaiton on Mercury Lamp Recycling.
Click on the following to find a list of local councils Local Councils
As an example, if you are in the Auckland Region, then click on the following link to view.
Failing this, you can contact private company Interwaste - https://www.interwaste.co.nz/