A common question, we get asked is how long should my Spa Pool Filter last.
Long story short, there is NO fixed lifespan of a Spa filter due to several variable factors which can all can contribute to how long a cartridge will last before it blocks up. These include but are not restricted to:
- The Filter Cartridge Model (We have over 250 different types of Spa Filter Cartridges in our range, some have more capacity than others based on manufacturer design)
- Spa Water chemistry
- The amount of sediment in the water
- How often you use the spa
- Season (In summer, users are more likely to have sunscreen on, which can prematurely block the cartridge)
- How often the cartridge is cleaned, how often the water is changed
All of these and many more contribute to how long you will get out of your cartridge before it just can't be cleaned any further and needs to be replaced.
One thing that is constant, is that in order to maximise your Spa Pool Cartridge's life, it must be regularly cleaned and looked after.
THE IMPORTANCE OF A WELL MAINTAINED CARTRIDGE
Like many things in life, the better you treat the Spa Cartridge something, the longer it will last.
The filter is easily clogged by soaps, chemicals, perspiration, body fats, oils and fine particles of dust or dirt, which are introduced by environment or stripped off the bodies of the people using the spa.
HOW TO MAXIMISE THE LIFE OF YOUR SPA POOL FILTER CARTRIDGE
There are a few things you can do which will help to extend & maximise the life of your cartridge:
Maintain the pool water chemistry (talk to your local Spa Shop on how to do this).
Regularly clean the cartridge with an approved Cartridge Cleaner.
Don't scrub the water filter media with a hard brush.
Don't use a high pressure hose/ water blaster.
Don't use flocculants in the Spa.
Use 2 sets of Cartridges on a rotation basis
Please see our blog on how tips how to clean your cartridge.