Our Pool Maintenance Guide - Tips for Prolonging the Life of Your Pool and Spa Filters
MAGNUM FILTER SPA AND SWIMMING POOL CARTRIDGE MAINTENANCE
To extend the life of your Magnum Filters Cartridge, a regular maintenance plan is recommended.
THE IMPORTANCE OF A WELL MAINTAINED CARTRIDGE
A well-treated filter will repay you with an extended life. Soaps, chemicals, perspiration, body fats, oils and fine particles of dust or dirt all contribute to the clogging of the cartridge media.
HOW TO MAXIMISE THE LIFE OF YOUR FILTER
There are specific things you can do to maximise the life of your filter:
- Maintain the pool water chemistry in proper balance
- Clean the cartridge in accordance with its cleaning instructions
- Don’t use a stiff brush for scrubbing as it can cause the filter to fail
- Don’t use a high pressure hose
- Rotating two sets of cartridges will prolong the life of the filters considerably
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLEANING YOUR FILTER CARTRIDGE
All cartridge filters should be cleaned at least every 1-2 months (more often with high usage). If you follow these cleaning procedures you will ensure the maximum life of the cartridge:
- Remove the cartridge from the filter housing or skimmer box.
- Wash the filter using a garden hose or a cleaning tool working from the top down. Do not use a high pressure hose or a brush.
- Soak the cartridge for at least an hour (overnight is preferable) preferably in a specialised cartridge cleaning solution (See SpaWise Cartridge). Alternatively, use 1 cup of a household detergent in 5 litres of water to clean. 4. Rinse the cartridge once more with a hose to remove any remaining oils or cleaning solution.
- Rinse the cartridge once more with a hose to remove any remaining oils or cleaning solution.
- Eventually your cartridge filter will block and will need to be replaced - usually within 8-12 months for Spa Pool Filters and 1 to 3 years for Pool Filters - depending on the amount of use.
We don't just sell spa & pool filters. We are here for all your filtering needs from start to finish. We are happy to advise on the best ways to make your fliters last the distance. Learn more about the best ways to maintain your filters with our guide.
If you have any issues with your cartridges, please contact us through our contact page